HARNESS Racing Victoria reckon trots fans are a creative bunch, so they’ve got a plan.
On Saturday, May 2 2020, HRV will stage a new $60,000 race exclusively for horses who have contested the 2019/20 Victorian Country Cups Championship.
The Group Two event for pacers will be held at Tabcorp Park Melton over 2760 metres.
The winning horse will receive the prizemoney, the winning trainer will get a $10,000 cash bonus, and the winning breeder(s) will receive a service to Vincent courtesy of our friends at Alabar and Nevele R Stud.
Want more? Well, the winning horse will also receive a ‘golden ticket’ into the Grand Circuit, $250,000 Group One 2020 Pryde’s EasiFeed Victoria Cup.
HRV is pumped about this race, but what the heck do we call it? Here’s where you come in!
Email your suggested race name to email@example.com with the subject line #NameTheRace or take to social media (Twitter or Facebook) and use the hashtag #NameTheRace (respond to HRV Trots Media’s call for entries post which we’ll pin to the top of each social media platform).
The winning race name will be chosen by HRV and whoever suggested that name first will win…
- The honour of having named a new annual feature event on the Victorian trots calendar;
- A sumptuous 10-person dining + drinks package in the Legends Room on the night of May 2;
- A $1000 TAB betting voucher for the table to use throughout the night;
- A photograph with the winning horse and driver of the new race;
- A Mobile Barrier Ride at the start of the night;
- Luxurious limousine transport from Melbourne CBD for you and your whole crew!
The conditions for the new race are that it is restricted to horses who contested a race in the 2019/20 Country Cups Championship, with preference in field selection given to horses in accordance with the following criteria.
- Most wins in the 2019/20 Country Cups Championship series, then;
- Earned the most prizemoney in the 2019/20 Country Cups Championship series, then;
- Earned the most prizemoney in the 2019/20 racing season.
The winning entry of the #NameTheRace competition will be notified live on RSN’s Gait Speed program on Monday October 7. Entries must close Friday October 4 at 2pm.
- HRV Media