EXCITING changes will give harness racing fans plenty to look forward to when the 2020 Miracle Mile Carnival kicks off in February.
Chairman of Club Menangle, Mr Robert Marshall has advised that a revised program would provide a calendar of events which would add a new level of excitement in the lead-up to Ainsworth Miracle Mile night on Saturday, March 7, 2020.
The calendar begins on Friday, February 21 with the running of the Group 1 Newcastle Mile.
The winner of the Newcastle Mile will receive an automatic invitation into the Miracle Mile.
The opening night of the Carnival, on February 22 at Tabcorp Park Menangle will see:
- The Group 1 Cordina Chicken Farms “Chariots of Fire”, with a purse of $200,000;
- The Group 2 Robin Dundee Stakes (mares), with a purse of $50,000;
- Heats of the NSW Oaks, with heats at $20,000;
- The Keystone Del Trotters FFA, with a purse of $20,000;
- Three Divisions of the Divided Pace.
As the carnival moves to its second night, on February 29, the focus will move to “Ladies Night”.
Club Menangle will host “Fashions on the Field” that night.
The key Miracle Mile qualifying races (the Group 1 Allied Express Sprint and the Group 1 Schweppes Sprint – both worth $100,000) will be held on night two, presenting an outstanding opportunity for the fillies and mares with:
- The Group 2 Pink Bonnet for two-year old fillies at $50,000;
- The Group 1 NSW Oaks at $200,000; and
- The time-honoured Ladyship Mile at $200,000
Night Two will also include the heats of the NSW Derby at $20,000.
As the carnival moves to its third night and climax on March 7, some mouth-watering racing events head the program.
- The Group 1 $1m Miracle Mile;
- The Group 1 NSW Derby at $200,000;
- A Group 1 FFA at $100,000;
- The Group 2 Sapling Stakes at $50,000;
- A Group 1 Trotters Mile at $50,000; and
- The Tanya Harris, a new Group 3 race for four-year old mares worth $30,000.
In the 2020 Miracle Mile Carnival, Club Menangle has programmed over a third of the Group races for fillies and mares.
It’s certainly a added incentive to purchase fillies at the forthcoming sales.
With 10n Group 1 races, three Group 2 races and a Group 3 race programmed, Club Menangle has a bonanza of racing with a baker’s dozen, plus one for good measure.
There will be 14 Group races over the 2020 Miracle Mile Carnival. All leading to the $1m Ainsworth Miracle Mile.
Then all eyes turn to the Sydney APG Sales to be held the next day on Sunday, March 8 . . . a mouth- watering month saluting the standardbred in New South Wales.