HARNESS Racing New Zealand are thrilled to announce $19,000 has been raised for the Teal Pants Campaign.
The campaign which started on February 1 and finished on March 11 was run for the first time in New Zealand and we are extremely happy with the results.
New Zealand’s reinswomen completed 39 wins, with each win receiving $400 in donations.
Harness Racing New Zealand donated $200, Woodlands Stud $100 and the Club $100.
The total money raised will be sent to the Womens Cancer Foundation to help with research around Ovarian Cancer.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our reinswomen for being involved this fantastic cause and wearing the teal pants, and a special thank you to our Ambassadors – Sheree Tomlinson, Sam Ottley, and Nicky Chilcott.
We would also like to thank the following for their contribution to this cause and are already looking forward to supporting this campaign next year:
– All NZ Harness Racing Clubs – $100 per win
– John Bougen – Reefton INC – Prize for “Wear teal and win”
– Hororata Trotting Club – Teal Day
– Auckland Trotting Club – Hosting the Women’s Day Shoot
– Reefton Trotting Club – Teal Day
– Cambridge Raceway – Hosting Ladies Night
– Michelle Wallis – Losing driving fees
– Woodlands Stud – $100 per win
– Kirstin Barclay – Winning driving stakes
– Jay Abernethy – $200 donation
– Nicky Chilcott – $100 donation
– Methven Florist – Flowers for the Fashion Contest
– Gore Harness Racing Club – Donation
– The Butchers Pie – Vouchers for Fashion Contest
– Haircare Market Bush Inn – Prizes for Fashion Contest
– Amanda Tomlinson and David Broadhurst – Hurunui Raceday Donations
– Kidz Kartz – Wearing teal ribbons
– Flair – Donation
– Addington Raceway – Charity of the Month
– Trackside – Wearing teal and promoting the campaign